Hi guys, the log file attachment didn't come through.

And Tony should probably changes his password now :-)

Ken.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Dan Miller
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 1:44 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Upgrade ITSM 7.6.04SP2 to 8.1 - Wierd error (SEVERE)

Hi all

we are still here plugging away...  befroe i give another update, can i just
ask if anyone has successfully upgraded a 7.6.04Sp2 ITSM direct to 8.1 yet?
just checking  :-)

update on issue (by the way, this has gone to BMC support, they said they were
reviewing logs, but no reply yet)

From looking in the log files we could see these errors which show that there
was problem migrating these forms during the upgrade.

[ERROR][Fri Mar 08 11:26:25.161] ImportFileNode- ARImport() for
"chg_deplapp.def" returned non-zero return code 2 [ERROR][Fri Mar 08
11:26:25.161] ImportFileNode- 314 Field does not exist on current form
CHG:ChangeInterface : <1000003216> [ERROR][Fri Mar 08 11:26:25.161]
ImportFileNode- 314 Field does not exist on current form CHG:ChangeSelfJoin :
<112> [ERROR][Fri Mar 08 11:26:25.161] ImportFileNode- 314 Field does not exist
on current form CHG:ChangeRiskDerivedTemplateFieldSelectionLookup :
<1000000000> [ERROR][Fri Mar 08 11:26:25.161] ImportFileNode- 314 Field does
not exist on current form CHG:ChangeRiskDerivedFactorsTemplateLookup :
<300207500> [ERROR][Fri Mar 08 11:26:25.167] ImportFileNode- 392 Field/VUI name
must be unique for the form -- there is already a field or VUI using this name
Column

I looked at the CHG:ChangeSelfJoin form. In a clean 7.6.04 SP2 install the 112
field is not present. In a clean install of 8.1 the 112 field is present.
So using the Dev studio I exported the CHG:ChangeSelfJoin form from a clean
install and imported it to the pre ITSM upgrade server and got no errors.
It then tried the same action on
CHG:ChangeRiskDerivedTemplateFieldSelectionLookup &
CHG:ChangeRiskDerivedFactorsTemplateLookup forms but got the message  saying
"314 Field does not exist on current form
CHG:ChangeRiskDerivedFactorsTemplateLookup : <300207500>"

I ran the RIK command
rik.exe defnimp -f e:\chg_deplapp.def -m migrate -x VBMC41-IEDRW -t 0 -u
tony.reel -p BTsu99ort# -C -l e:\riktony.log -L –v and the resulting logs are
attached but they give the same error messages.

Are, and have been for 20 years"

solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. Subject to local law, communications (including
traffic data) with Hubbell may be monitored by our systems [or a third party's
systems on our behalf] for the purposes of security and the assessment of
internal compliance with Hubbell policies. This footnote also confirms that
this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated