Mark,

Rick has the 'best practice' (expect nothing less from Mr.W), but if you
really need to avoid adding a field .

You could go old-school and export the workflow definition (exclude the
form) and search for the Field ID number; this will ID all objects that use
the field.

There are also tools that ID can the workflow (ARInside? Migrator?) if
you're so inclined.

Next try to pick a DISPLAY-ONLY field dedicated to some activity not related
to your mods, i.e. Re-Assignment or SLM calculations.

Use DevStudio to examine all the objects you find to confirm that their
Run-If won't interfere with your mods.

Also, if you contain your workflow in a Guide, and only use the field within
the guide (i.e. value not needed after Guide completes) you would be better
protected against some future feature stepping  on your work.

HTH,

And have a great unworkweek

Joel

Joel Sender    jdsen...@earthlink.net    310.829.5552