I am trying to install ARS 7.6.04 SP2 on 64 bit Centos 6.3 on top of Oracle
database. For now, I am using same machine to install db, midtier and AR
Server.

This is what I did
- Created a user in OS oracle and installed oracle database using this user
at
  /home/oracle/app/
- Installed ARS using root user

Installation goes fine, but in the end, during system validation checks, I
get a message
"AR System Server unable to create (390600, 0) for TCP"

User Tool gives this error when trying to connect to AR Server.
ARERR [90] Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server
 RPC: Program not registered

Then I did re-installation with following
Register with Portmapper: NO
AR System Server TCP Port Number: 8081
AR System Server Plug-in TCP Port Number: 8082

and it worked fine.

Are there any issues if we we keep "Register with Portmapper: YES"?

~ Nathan