I had to edit the rpc file first but then I did not install ARS as root.  I
don't know off-hand what version of CentOS I have as the machine is not
started.

The install went smoothly.  Remember the limits settings as documented by
BMC.  Follow all the doc steps completely.

I also gave the machine two Ethernet cards as Oracle tends to like a fixed
IP.  (One uses DHCP and the other is hard coded).  I always have access to
the machine even if I am not on my own LAN that way.

Perf is OK.  I give the CentOS 8Gb and 2 dual cores on a 16GB and a i7xxx.
If I do intensive things (like build 100 archive forms) ARS chews up memory
and then I will restart the OS.  I find the CentOS perf is better than the
Windows Server 2003 x64 / SQL perf but no real performance testing was done.

The stack installer completed in under two hours.

Cheers

Ben