Thanks guys for the reply.

As I said, I re-installed ARS with explicit TCP port number and it worked.

About PortMapper
1. I don't see any earlier errors in /var/log/messages related to PortMapper
2. Contents of /etc/hosts look like this
172.16.1.3   localhost.localdomain localhost
::1              localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
172.16.1.3  arsserver.unserdomain.com arsserver

I know that CentOS 6.3 (for that matter even RHEL 6.* ) is not there in
compatibility matrix for 7.6.04 SP2.
But I have read on the web, people having installed ARS 7.6.04 on RHEL 6.*.

~ Nathan