I think this is a matter of 'personal preference' of a developer. There is
no good and bad practice if you ask me as long as you have a clear
visibility of your mappings between your web service staging or integration
form and the underlying application data form.

For the purpose of cross application manageability, I personally prefer the
approach of a signle staging form for web services as this would mean a
single URI that you publish with n number of operations within it.

This is because very often developers of other system would rather deal with
a single URI than multiple URI's.

Each operation within that web service then should use a flag to indicate
where that data would be headed to.

The con of this method obviously is that if you have even a single operation
that requires you to get list, this method basically will fail and you would
need to go old school with multiple web services..

So as long as it is only create or update, a single URI solution should
pretty much work.

Cheers