From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Hennigan, Sandra
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:26 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Open Windows Explorer from a Remedy Form

**
Windows 2008 r2
Oracle 11g
ARS 8.1
ITSM 8.1

We have a need to open Windows Explorer from a CHG ticket so that the user has
access to all of the change documents, i.e.Scope, PMP, BCA templates.

Back in the WUT days, I would have added a button and created an Active Link
with a Run process to:
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
\\<SERVER>\Network\ChangeTemplates<file:///\\%3cSERVER%3e\Network\ChangeTemplates>

Works great from the WUT. Not so with the Mid-Tier. I'v tried using
$PROCESS$ C:\Windows\explorer.exe
\\<SERVER>\Network\ChangeTemplates<file:///\\%3cSERVER%3e\ITM$\Operations\Network\ChangeTemplates>
 and
PERFORM-ACTION-OPEN-URL C:\Windows\explorer.exe
\\<SERVER>\Network\ChangeTemplates<file:///\\%3cSERVER%3e\Network\ChangeTemplates>

Any other ideas?

Thank you,

Sandra Hennigan
Remedy Developer

Important: This email is intended for the above named only and may be
confidential, proprietary, and/or legally privileged. If this email has come to
you in error, you must take no action on it, nor may you copy or show it to
anyone. Please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.