From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Karthik
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:09 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Webservice-Please share your knowledge

**
Robin,

please see below:

Create 2 forms,
- primary form(Say FORM_Primary)
- second form(FORM_Secondary)

1.User performs a search on a field in Form A.
 -> On Click on a button,
- Generate a GUID
- Create a record in FORM_Primary, push GUID as well

2.Remedy application pull records from an external application and display the
results to the user.The search result can be many records(more than
200).Hence,Remedy should show results in smaller chunks(50 records each) to the
user.
-> on submit, create a filter that consumes the external web service in set
fields.
-> As there are multiple results the data cannot be directly mapped in the
output mapping in the set fields. so, there is a need to have another form to
store data. Here you need to use your secondary form fields mapped. Primary and
Secondary forms will be related via a foreign key(GUID generated and pushed to
Primary form)
-> once mapping is done the filter on primary form fires, it will populate
results on the secondary form

3.User selects one of the search results in Form A and save the record.
Have a table filed on Form A and point it to FORM_Secondary and refresh it

- Karthik

On 9 July 2013 15:07, Sandeep Pandey