Well, that is a bummer. But it's a cool idea if it ever comes fruition.

Thank you all for you help.

Tom

________________________________
 From: Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: 7.6.04 Upgrade to 8.1

**
Well, either there is a huge conspiracy that involved wholesale changes to
documents I read, or my memory is playing tricks on me.
I'm going with the conspiracy.  Nah, just kidding.  Must have been something I
inferred from the overlay enhancements in 8.1.  Darn.
Rick
On Jul 16, 2013 6:38 AM, "Longwing, Lj" <llongw...@usgs.gov> wrote:

**
>can you point me to the URL that discusses 'zero downtime upgrades'?  I know
>that 8.1 wasn't released at last years rug, it was just 8.0, but I know that
>after the RUG David posted an idea (https://communities.bmc.com/ideas/1421)
>that is in a status of 'Under Consideration'....when they are available, it's
>changed to 'Delivered'....so all of the facts that I have currently available
>tell me that the demo we received last year isn't in a current code line...but
>if you could point me to docs to the contrary....I would love to see them.
>

>On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>**
>>Might want to check the 8.1 documentation on that, LJ.
>>Rick
>>On Jul 16, 2013 6:04 AM, "Longwing, Lj" <llongw...@usgs.gov> wrote:
>>
>>**
>>>Rick,
>>>They were VERY careful to state at RUG last year that the code demonstrated
>>>was NOT in ANY code line available to the public....so no, it's NOT in 8.1,
>>>it is under consideration for a future release, but not in any currently
>>>available to the public release.
>>>

>>>On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>**

Listers,

to embark on upgrading from 7.6.04 to 8.1 on a windows platform using MS-SQL.
Has
anyone used the No Downtime Upgrade method that was presented at last year’s
WWRUG to move from 7.6.04 to 8.1? If so, was it smooth or bumpy ride?

standing up a test system with 2 app VMs and a DB to test this approach.

forward to your feedback

Health System