From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jim Manara
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 11:25 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: REMEDY ADMIN NEEDED in Colorado Springs, CO - SECRET CLEARANCE
- 6 Month Contract to Hire - $80-100K (Based on experience) - Contract Rate
$38-48/hr

Lest we forget, Remedy began as a way to develop applications without
having to pay for expensive DBA talent.  The cycle appears to be nearing
its completion as managed solutions like ServiceNow leverage the delivery
of applications without having to pay for expensive Remedy talent.

We have become our parents.

There is still work out there and the rates are declining.  Still an all
inclusive of $50 per hour for a non local is an opportunity I would not
pursue.  Everyone has to make their own decision.

For those who have read this far, I am looking for a new contract.

Regards

Maybe it's because (random numbers on the way) BMC wants half a million
dollars to setup an install with a 20% annual support contract, and
'qualified developers' want $200/hr to develop in it.

Those numbers are quasi made up...but not entirely.  Don't get me
wrong...I
love Remedy, I have made my career with it for the last 15 years...it is
hands down, the best tool on the market at the moment to do what it
does....but there is competition out there...some of them are doing it
faster/cheaper and nipping at BMC's heels.

I don't want anyone to take a job that is beneath them....if you don't
like
the opportunity, or are some way shape or form 'insulted' by the amount of
money that is being offered...one of a few things will happen

1 - They will find someone at the rate they are looking for
2 - They will increase the rate till they find someone
3 - they will switch off the platform to something else that they can
afford to use
4 - insert your hypothetical outcome here

Having been in the position of hiring people in the past, we were told by
our recruiters that we just couldn't find 'qualified' people for less than
$120/hr...but guess what...we did, for the entire time I was on the
project.

___
UNSUBSCRIBE or access ARSlist Archives at www.arslist.org