Brian,
I agree with most of what you said there except for the paragraph on
On Demand solution. I don't see how that effects whether you need a
remedy developer or not. It's a managed solution that saves you
infrastructure costs such as maintaining the hardware and paying for a
DBA etc...
It doesn't mean that you will no longer need developers or admins.
Yes, BMC offers Prof Services packages but you'll still be paying
$200+ per hour. I'd argue that it would free up your developers for
doing actual development instead of figuring out how to tune a DB or
optimize memory on a windows box.

Sent from my iPhone