Hi

We are busy planning our upgrade of our live environment which is the
following:

   - ARS Remedy 7.5 Patch003
   - CMDB 7.6 P001
   - ITSM 7.6
   - SRM 7.6 P001

We are wanting to upgrade to version 8 (latest patch). Going through some
upgrades to the versions between 7.5 and 8 before I can actually upgrade to
8.

We have customized our ITSM application a bit and we were hoping to convert
our customizations into overlays during the upgrade process. However, it
appears from some of the reading that it may be quicker and safer to do a
clean ITSM 8 install and re-do the customizations in version 8.

Has anyone done this before? Is there any advice anyone can offer on the
best way to approach this or failing that - can anyone recommend a good
bottle of whiskey for when I start this project?

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Brad