Thanks for all the advice and feedback guys. After all the investigation
that I have done, I am going to recommend to my boss that we do a clean
install of ITSM 8 and move our customizations over manually after
evaluating if we still need them.

Hopefully, with us introducing overlays with this upgrade to our
environment, this will be the last major "difficult" upgrade that we will
need to go through.

Once again, thanks and if you guys remember anything else then please don't
hesitate to share.

Cheers
Brad