That is I was looking at SNOW in terms of knowing what's good and what is
bad. No product is the best at everything.

I am certainly more open minded about the products than most folks I met at
the SNOW conference were.

To them [SNOW conference attendees, the ServiceNow employees and others] BMC
Remedy is the enemy and it can do no right. There were many expressing
blatantly false views, I kept my opinions mostly to myself.

Well, I did have to correct former BMC employees who were saying Fred Luddy
had something to do with creating Remedy. A view I heard enough times to
consider it to be deliberate.

Yes, the marketing is a direct steal from what Remedy Corp. said in the
1990s, and there is a tiny bit of truth to some of what they say. Mostly
though, if the developer studio were sped up to the speed of the old Admin
tool, It could easily be shown you can create robust custom apps faster and
easier with Remedy than with ServiceNow. Real apps that is, with a real data
model. They however, can show creating new fields and apps in minutes due to
the simplicity of the system, the data model, what gets displayed and the
simplistic development tool that does not show that all real development is
done by working on java scripts.

That being said, if you want quick and simple display of quick and simple
data in a quick and simple data model, it arguably can. Then again, so can
dozens of other light weight applications. RemedyForce would certainly seem
the better direction for those that want a truly cloud built light weight
system.

Note: These opinions are mine. No one elses, not my employer, and possibly
not mine next week if I get evidence that I am mistaken about any of the
above.

Daniel

p.s. and they of course have nothing like the ARSlist :)