From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Sweety Khanna
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 7:42 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: OT: ServiceNow

Just a reduction in installation time is not enough to say that iSNow is better
than remedy. Did you see the user interface of SNow ? It sucks...
Its not at all user friendly.

BMC Remedy is much better than SNow in all areas. I assume that BMC is working
very hard to make it more powerful. It wont let its best product to go in vain.

I love remedy.

On 11/26/13, Joe Newmark <jwnewm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We have implemented SNOW in both hosted and on premise instances and
> we like it. The average deployment time has dropped significantly from
> that of installing Remedy. We are currently deploying both SNOW and
> Remedy on Demand for two customers. I will take SNOW over RoD
> anytime... I am fighting BMC on many fronts. The latest was getting
> them to understand that the AR server needed to get out past the proxy
> server to deliver a web service. They had set it up that way in
> development, but not in QA or production. It took three critical
> tickets and four days to get this worked out. Couple that with the
> hoops you need to jump through to get a simple customization like a
> notification filter done makes and I am fed up.
>
> When I first heard about ServiceNow, I was not impressed, after all I
> was a Remedy guy. However by the time the Berlin version came out I
> was impressed by how easy it was to deploy even on premise. The
> average installation time is under 20 minutes. That is installing both
> the database and the application. To me ServiceNow is what Remedy 8 should
> have been.
> Both products have their place, but BMC needs to step up their game to
> keep their market share.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Nov 26, 2013, at 4:34 PM, "Pierson, Shawn"
>> <shawn.pier...@energytransfer.com> wrote:
>>
>> **
>> My company has also recently taken a look at Service Now.  I can also
>> confirm hearing some deliberately false information being provided,
>> but that's likely typical for any sales presentation.  That being
>> said, I do have a cautiously positive view of their product.  The
>> techie part of my personality would like to make the switch just to
>> learn something completely new and exciting, but in terms of doing
>> what's best for my organization I don't think it's fully matured
>> enough yet to replace Remedy, plus not all companies are willing to
>> have their private data out on "the cloud" yet.  I've also come to
>> the opinion that us Remedy folks are maybe more opposed to some of
>> the people involved with ServiceNow and their marketing techniques
>> than the anything else.  Either way, I plan to keep my eye on them
>> and if my management told me tomorrow that they signed me up for
>> classes and that we'd be migrating to that product, I would treat it as an
>> opportunity not treat it as the end of the world.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Shawn Pierson
>> Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

Portions of this message may be confidential under an exemption to Ohio's
public records law or under a legal privilege. If you have received this
message in error or due to an unauthorized transmission or interception, please
delete all copies from your system without disclosing, copying, or transmitting
this message.