After you set the AR Server license (whether temp or permanent), you can
set the Application licenses and then the AR and Application user
licenses.  You don't need keys for the Application licenses or the
Application User Licenses.  I do believe that if BMC were going to audit
you, they would audit these numbers though.

There are people profiles that get loaded during the installation, they use
the application licenses (floating I think).  If you don't have App and App
User licenses applied, the installer errors out.

HTH
Janie