From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pruitt, Christopher (Bank of America
Account)
Sent: 27 February 2014 15:10
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy AR Server and LDAP

Hello All,

Has ever heard of a way to capture specific LDAP error code/return codes to
display different messages?

I don't think the different LDAP errors are controlled by any specific code we
have control over and as far as I understand it the BMC Remedy engine uses a
Java plugin that communicates to LDAP via a jar file. Meaning that is no source
code. However, I found the following couple error messages in BMC documentation
and it looks like the lockout message isn't coming from LDAP but from Remedy AR
System Server itself...

623 Error
Authentication failed.
Make sure that your user name and password were entered correctly.

624 Error
User account locked out due to too many bad password attempts.
Consecutive login attempts failed because of invalid passwords. The AR System
server administrator can configure the number of attempts to allow. To unlock
your account, reset your password or contact your administrator.

So we are trying to determine if there is a way to capture specific LDAP error
code/return codes to display different messages.

Any Feedback on this would be appreciated.

Christopher Pruitt
Business Consulting III

HP Enterprises Services
christopher.pru...@hp.com
www.hp.com<http://www.hp.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any files transmitted with it are
intended for the sole use of the entity or individual to whom it is addressed,
and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended addressee for this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any copying, distribution, or
dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please immediately destroy, erase, or discard this message.
Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake.

Are, and have been for 20 years"