Chris,

The LDAP authentication runs as a C-plugin, at least up through 7.6.x, so the
error messages will be found in the arplugin.log file, assuming you have
enabled it. What you get back from LDAP depends on the LDAP implementation.
Sometimes it is a plain text message such as "bad password" and sometimes it
can be an obscure 8 hex digit number, but I have found that entering such a
number in the Google search to bar usually leads to something helpful.

I don't think that you can divert the arplugin.log to log to a form.

There's no easy way to capture that log file through workflow associated with
the attempt to log in and authenticate via LDAP ( for starters, you can't run
workflow unless you're already logged in ). You could run a command line
process periodically to look or grep for known error texts and send a
notification based on that...

Hope this helps...

Doug

--
Doug Blair
+1 224-558-5462

Sent from my iPad Air
Auto-corrected typos, misspellings and non-sequiturs are gratefully attributed
to Steve Jobs :-)