From: Warren R. Baltimore II <warrenbaltim...@gmail.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thu, Mar 6, 2014 11:37 am
Subject: Adding Permissions and Functional Roles

**
I've got a problem that I'm afraid could have been avoided with better planning
on my part.....

ARS 7.6.04 Patch 5
ITSM 7.6.04

We have about 8000 Users that were loaded into our CTM:People form before we
knew what groups they would be members of as well as the permissions they would
need.

Of the 8000, only about 300 are actual support people.

I had originally thought that I could just create the templates and associate
an individual via the templates.  What I didn't know (I've been using ITSM 5.5
for the last 5 years, so this is all very new to me), is that if I did that, it
would overwrite all of the individuals information (phone, address, etc.).

I've tried identifying something to help me in the manual, but I'm afraid I
just haven't been able to spend as much time as I need....

Is there something I'm missing here?  Is there a way to go back and associate
everyone with all of the Access/Permission groups and Support Groups/Functional
Roles that doesn't require to me go to each individual and add it manually?

Ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

--
Warren R. Baltimore II