Rebecca,
You'll have to find a happy or not so happy medium here. You've already done
the first step of creating the request on submit from the fulfillment apps. On
creation, whether it be from SRM or the other modules, I like to only send the
notification for the SRM request. This means turning off the notifications for
the creation emails of the other requests.
Then, you're left with the "life cycle" emails of the fulfillment requests
which send out their own notifications. For this, I've left alone the INC and
CRQ numbers and accepted that these will be included. However, I modified the
notifications to have the following label, "REQ# (if applicable)"
Then, of course, I modified the filter for the notifications to include the req
#.
What this does is arm the customer with all the information instead of parts of
the request process and cut down on the initial onslaught of notifications
during creation.

Sent from my iPhone