Hi All,

We are doing upgrading customer Remedy 7.5 to 8.1
Here is background -
1. Customer has 750GB-800GB transnational data of Incident, Change, Problem.
2. We are not doing in-place or staged In-Place upgrade. We will
implementing new 8.1
    system and migrating data from Remedy 7.5 to Remedy 8.1.
3. Core Req:
              1 -  Customer wants all historical data to be migrated into
Remedy 8.1 along with
                    work logs (with attachments), Related other tickets,
task, SLA, Approvals                         (For change), audit log.
              2 -  Customer wants to retain old ticket number in system and
dont want new
                    ticket Id to be generated during migration process.

Our Solution:
1. Using UDM we can import transaction data and disable new Id creation and
can
    retain old ticket number however we cannot control on C1 to retain from
old system.
    UDM approach has 64000 records limitation per batch so migrating 750GB
will take
    months or may be years to migrate data.

Is anyone has migrated ticket data using this approach, I would like to
hear issues/challenges occurs during activity. As per BMC somehow they dont
recommend it.

Any suggestion or idea will be welcomed.

Thanks
Kiran Patil

--
*​Regards*