Omega,
First off, I would be careful with an auto refresh every 5 min's....as well
intentioned as that is, it can come with a cost, especially if the user
that has that console up is a Floating user...

Second...instead of an escalation keeping track of the age...I would think
about using a 'local' field in your table, and using an AL Guide loop to
loop over the contents of the table on refresh that sets the column to
value in question....

I only recommend that if you have 'limited' data in your table, because the
walk takes some time....

I have a table I do that sort of thing with that I limit to 50 records per
chunk and it takes less than a second or two to walk the table and populate
the data...