Hello List,

Looks like I'm not the only one with the same idea ..... :-D.

I have been working with Remedy since 1997 (yes, the previous century ...), beginning with version 2.3. Like everybody, I have seen AR System "replaced by" ITSM/CMDB and I cried out loud ....

I have recently been working on projects more at the ITIL level, where the supporting tool had already been chosen. This gave me the opportunity to look at a number of other ITSM software packages, both from the end-user point of view and under the hood (admin and developer). As far as I am concerned, AR System is miles ahead compared to other tools, while the ITSM/CMDB sold by BMC is "just another app on the market".

If I may add something along the same line: applications such as ITSM8 have become too complexe (and too big) for the European market (where companies are not as large as in the US). I know for certain 3 customers who tried to move from a previous version of Remedy ITSM to ITSM8 and after a year of effort gave up and have now completely dropped Remedy :-( :-(. And there are more going down that path as we speak. If large applications make sense for large companies, it requires less consulting time to build a "small" ITSM app than to configure a large one, so offering AR System as a workflow engine makes a lot of sense to me (perhaps with a basic HelpDesk Template ....).

Also, the ITIL market has offered a flourishing field to do business the last 15-20 years or so (remember back in 1998-1999, when Remedy had a 50% market share ....). I think that the market is now mature, and all customers have what they need, so propose AR System as a more general workflow engine could be a step to diversification ....

Cheers,

Kaïs.