Ivan M, 25-01-2009 21:35:
Hi Bernhard, Florian, all,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Dr. Bernhard Dippold
<bernh...@familie-dippold.at>  wrote:
 Hi all,

 you used the wiki for the splash screen contest.

 Do you think this is a better place for contributing artwork than Issue
 Tracker?

The wiki offers many advantages over Issue Tracker, the main ones
being automatic thumbnails and the ability to view images in a
gallery-like format, rather than having to click on file names and
download each file separately, as in Issue Tracker.

+1

What should be done to find an optimal solution?

My suggestion would be to use the Art project website at
marketing.openoffice.org/art to store official/approved artwork, and
to use the wiki for submitting proposals [1] and other more general
discussions and resources. This would keep the barrier to entry
reasonably low and open.

Sure. Is far better to the ones attaching the images and to the ones looking at them.

Someone may miss the emails IT sends, but we could use some pages to track the updates and someone could watch the page or filter it on RSS.