> Quoting AD:
> "If you need to run faster than 2.5 GHz, then the AD9914 cannot be
> synchronized reliably/repeatably.  We excluded the synchronization section
> from the data sheet to avoid the issue where users try to synchronize at
> higher speeds and find that it isn't working."

Thanks for the info Robert - Raghu has been seeing this in practice I believe,
but we hadn't worked out exactly what was up.  In this instance, I can make a
synchronization board so that the SYNC_CLK of individual DDS cards is broken
out to connectors, allowing them to be hooked up to TTL inputs individually if
desired.  If users want to clock their DDS's at lower frequencies, then the
board would allow them to use this capability.  In any event, the
synchronization board is a secondary priority right now, it's the main
backplane and the DDS/TTL daughtercards that I want to get made right away.