> > Quoting AD:
> > "If you need to run faster than 2.5 GHz, then the AD9914 cannot be
> > synchronized reliably/repeatably.  We excluded the synchronization
> > section from the data sheet to avoid the issue where users try to
> > synchronize at higher speeds and find that it isn't working."

Another potential solution, if people are really keen on having all DDS chips
synchronized, would be to clock the AD9914s at 2-2.5 GHz (depending on species)
and then just use the second Nyquist image or a frequency doubler to get the
desired microwave frequencies for the hyperfine.  Since for most experiments
the DDS chips are spitting out AO frequencies and only one or two are providing
microwave frequencies, this might be a good solution and then we are back to
just one SYNC_CLK input.