On 10/26/2015 02:27 AM, Joe Britton wrote:
> Indeed, I could temporarily add a new entries to
> influxdb_patterns.pyon. Presently, this requires stopping and
> restarting artiq_influxdb which is problematic if a single influxdb is
> used by multiple experiments.

No, you can use artiq_rpctool (port 3248) to add and remove patterns
dynamically.

>> > The GUI does not know about non-broadcasted datasets. Why should it?
> For what I've proposed the GUI need not know about the contents of
> non-broadcast datasets, only that they exist and whether they are to
> be Saved to HDF5 or not.
>
> I'm advocating for a user interface where a user can see in one place
> what datasets are registered with ARTIQ and where the data is going.

How would that work exactly? Note that there is presently no
"registration" phase; datasets are only created when the experiment
calls set_dataset() - which it might only do at the end.

How would you deal with two different experiments having a local (HDF5)
dataset with the same name?

Sébastien