On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 7:42 AM, Sébastien Bourdeauducq <s...@m-labs.hk> wrote:
>> No, you can use artiq_rpctool (port 3248) to add and remove patterns
>> dynamically.
>
> Speaking of:
>
> Having an interface similar to the device database, where you edit the
> file manually and trigger a rescan, might be better than those RPCs to
> add and remove patterns.
>
> Since we don't really need PYON here, the file format could be replaced
> with a simple "one pattern per line" scheme. Modifying the file in a
> text editor provides a better user experience than typing commands to
> add/remove entries. However, it becomes more difficult to add/remove
> entries programatically - which the current interface makes very easy.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes. I vaguely remember commenting on this some time in the past but I
can't fined it right now.
Dropping the filter modification API is fine IMHO. And a list of
exclude/include (+-) glob or regex patterns (like e.g. gitignores) is
good.

It seems like there are a few "configuration-like snippets" piling up
in an artiq installation, like this filtering list. Can we somehow
unify/merge them?

--
Robert Jordens.