Actually HPC with LPC IO assignment and 8 x GTP links is popular configuration
So you have 34 LVDS pairs and 8 GTP links.

If this works for you then I don’t have major objections.  The other issue to
consider is power rails, since for the analog circuitry we will probably want
+/- 5V, +/- 15V as well as +3.3V, +1.8V, +12V.  Can we put these through on the
FMC without breaking back compatibility?  For example, one rail on each of the
4 VADJ pins?  I am sure this would not be VITA 57 compliant….and we don’t want
switching converters on the FMC daughtercard for space and noise reasons both.