From: Grzegorz Kasprowicz [mailto:kaspr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:13 PM
To: Slichter, Daniel H. (Fed) <daniel.slich...@nist.gov>
Cc: Robert Jördens <r...@m-labs.hk>; Grzegorz Kasprowicz
<gkasp...@elka.pw.edu.pl>; Leibrandt, David R. (Fed)
<david.leibra...@nist.gov>; Sébastien Bourdeauducq <s...@m-labs.hk>;
artiq@lists.m-labs.hk
Subject: Re: [ARTIQ] FW: initial specification of the project

Well, CERN does it in their FMC carriers. They use HPC routed like LPC and then
some of grounds are used as symmetrical analog supplies. In this way if you
plug wrong board, it will short the supply but no damage will occur.
I assume that low nosie DC/DC converters + LDOs will be installed on the AMC
board.
Do we need all these voltages, especially +/-5 and +/- 15? Won't single +/- 8
or +/- 15V be sufficient?
Greg

On 30 March 2016 at 23:08, Slichter, Daniel H. (Fed)