I find it hard to beleive that other, real developers would not step
up to the plate. I have heard that deep pockets have tried to buy ou
the fishmans but they had unrealistic valuations of the value of
their rights, several hundreds millions of dollars. While I agree
that much happens out of our sight, and I don;t mean bad things,
nothing that comes to light seems to benefit the city or its
residents. Too much has obviously occurred beyond our sight. From
what I see the deal is slanted towards the developer. I am not
saying its illegal, but its not a good deal. You can;t talk about
the past 30 years without discussing the unusual circumstances. If
the development rights had not been held in limbo for a decade the
waterfront would already have people living there. The city's
motives in treating fishman with kid gloves may be because they
think that's all they have. But that doesn't make them right. The
city should be getting more than they have out of this. As Cuba
Gooding said in Jerry MacGuire, "show me da money"

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> i think the reason the city is being so nice to the fishmans, is
beasue thats all they have.  they have a group of people who are
willing to work with them, and get something done.  something that
hasnt been done for 30 years.  the way it looks to me, the city
doesnt want to casue any problems, or do anything that might make an
awkard situation.  which then might slow down, or possiably casue a
bad relationship between the two.  yelling at the fishmans, beasue
of a late payment by a month or 2 is something that might cause that
bad relationshoip.  the city got their money, a little late, but
they have it.

>  Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. Learn
more.