--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "SkipDragon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Legacy and Result of the Actions of VVAW
> The reason that "generation of veterans [was] spit upon, shamed,
> and
> discriminated against" is the direct result of government run
> amuck.   Should we "relive newsreel footage of [another]
> overloade> helicopter retreating in shame from the US embassy in Baghdad" it
> will be due to yet another government running amuck.  There exists a
> widely held myth that this country is the greatest democracy on the
> planet; it is not.  Fact is it's not a democracy at all but a
> republic with a curious assortment of safeguards, which insure that
> the powerful will retain power.
>
> The extent to which we suffer stagflation and oil shock directly
> results from our continued belief that we possess divine destiny,
> much akin to a now deceased government that also ran amuck; in their
> case they deluded themselves with a notion of a 1000 year Reich.
> Seems somehow in our defeating those folks, we incorporated a good
> bit of their belief that they were omnipotent.  Curious that those
> most patriotic have fallen for the Department of Homeland Security;
> you'll love the Gestapo!
>
> Truth is it's not our oil, it's not our oyster and it's
> about time we
> relearn how to live with others; failing which our destiny is
> unlikely to be all that divine.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Skippy,
Do you know what the GESTAPO did.I was at a meeting yesterday with a Veteran
that does he was in Concentration Camp.The meeting was for our Veterans
Memorail.You have no idea the meaning of GESTAPO.I was selling poppies at a
Shop  Rite in Neptune a Marine came up to us & told is about a hole in the
ground his unit walk up on in Iraq.With a Bulldozer in it.Thats where Saddum
put bodies of people that didn't agree with him.He told us the smell was the
worst thing they ever smelt.We live in the Greatest Country in the world.Our
goverment has its Faults.Any Goverment will This War could have been handle
differant.Their is alot of what if people out their.Some people do something
some people keep on saying what if what if.Like yourself.As long as their is
{$$money$$} their will be War.You always have a negative comment about
everything that comes up on this site or goes on in this City.The Veteran is
the person the gave the right to walk arond Asbury with that camera in your
hand with your pinking sticking out.Remember that.God Bless America
James Grabe