Wow - I get the digest form of this chat group and this series of emails went on for pages and pages - lots of people drawing conclusions about my show and my objectivity, none of whom bothered to tune into the show. Is it that hard? You can click on the link right now and hear this week's show, which aired two days after the arrests. (Ed Johnson has been scheduled to appear the show for weeks.)
   I never thought anyone was all that interested in my humble opinion, so I should be encouraged by this outpouring. However, my lack of notice on the site is more a factor of my not having the time to update my site several times a week like I used to, than reticence to comment on the arrests.
I did however discuss the crimes in Monmouth County, and the charges against John Hamilton, in the course of interviewing Ed Johnson this week. Ironically, if I had noted Hamilton's arrest in the same email announcing Johnson's appearance on the show, my critics would've said that I can't miss an opportunity to print something negative.
  I would like to devote a whole show to the charges against Hamilton. The problem is that law enforcement and members of the judicial system won't discuss a pre-trial case and John has not answered my calls requesting a statement from him. So, yes, I guess I could've quoted the APP, which some members of this group have already done quite thoroughly, or mused about my own suspicions. Or offered callers a 2-hr talk show with which to offer their thoughts - which I do every week.
Here's my position: I don't know whether John Hamilton is guilty of the charges against him. That's what courts are for - unless Hamilton decides to waive trial as Terry Weldon did. I only know that he was the only council member to ever offer an opinion that didn't sound like it had been pre-screened with the master developer first. I thought that took courage.  I've gone up to councilmembers who wouldn't even acknowledge my question, who actually got up from the dais and walked away, while I was asking a question. Hamilton took the heat. He responded to questions asked - whether he liked the question or not. I in turn respected him for that.
If John pleads guilty, he'll have to pay the consequences.
Maureen

Speak up - It's America!!
Maureen Nevin
Restore Radio 88.1FM - 4 Years on the Radio!!

Asbury Park's Own Live Talk Show
601 Bangs Avenue
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on 88.1FM or
Listen Live or Later on the Web http://www.restoreradio.com/