The town I grew up in, Vineland, is one of the districts slated to
lose Abbott funding. Here's an article in the local paper & a quote:

http://thedailyjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?
AID=/20050513/NEWS01/505130306/1002

"The criteria for Abbott designation that may be changed, according
to the OLS report, include:

<snip>

The district must have, per capita, property values of at least 3
percent below the state average."

My guess is this is the rationale behind removing Long Branch.

It's funny to read the article and the scramble that these 13 towns
are making to either change the rules or make themselves claim
poverty. I mean, c'mon: Jersey City & Hoboken are Abbott districts?!?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Tyler, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tomorrow is the 8th anniversary of the decision.  If I worked for
the State
> I would use whatever alternative statistics available to get out
of Abbot
> funding.  10 years is a long time if the DFG has ceased to be
accurate.