You make a good point OceanChuck.  I don't like the food at
Appleby's, etc., but I often make the argument that we should
attract such a restaurant to AP.  I have 2 reasons:

First, there are no restaurants here that are family friendly
(except Adriatic) and priced for families.  Some don't even have
high chairs or booster seats.

Second, our surronding suburbs love Appleby's, Friday's, etc.
Anytime I have to go to those places I have to wait in line, which
amazes me considering the food. Whether I like them or not (I don't)
these are a big draw of people.

Some people I propose this to don't like the idea of bringing a
corporate chain to AP, using the excuse that they want AP to keep an
edgy and cool feel like the Village/Soho.  I usually counter that
Village/Soho have corporate resaurants, Starbucks, etc and still
remain cool. That doesn't seem to convince them.

I'd like to know what the group here thinks.  Would some corporate
chains like Appleby's, Starbucks, etc. be a good idea for AP?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> someone posted a few days ago, or maybe a week about
> this.  although i cant find it now, and dont want to
> look through all the old posts.  they mentioned
> something along the lines of, "will people be sad in
> 60 years when applebees and other chains like it
> close?"  the asnwer is, most likley, yes.  alot of
> people go to these places, with their kids and whoever
> else.  in 60 years when their kids are older, and they
> think back.  they will remembenr applees and those
> types of places.  you know how many kids go to fridays
> by monmouth mall every friday night? (and i mean
> every!)  hojo was a chain too, dont forget.  expect
> now, its so rare, that it seems speacial.  example -
> ruby tuesdays started off small, with one started by
> some kids out of college.  10 years (after being a
> small "family" owned place)later, it spread.
>

> Discover Yahoo!
> Find restaurants, movies, travel and more fun for the weekend.
Check it out!