Maybe you should take a step back and reconsider some of the things
you have been saying in an effort to so ardently defend against
people holding open discussion about what is going on right, and
what can be improved.

For example, it IS hard to understand waiting for 'residents' to
come. Maybe in theory it's a toss up, but the reality is that press
releases are going out, events are being thrown, people ARE coming
back to town. This is regardless of whatever landscape you are
attempting to infer they don't want to drive through to get here. I
think that makes it a little bit easier to take a position on the
issue. It's clear from the turnout at the BW this weekend, that
people are ready to come back. But for what? a pocketful of promises
and a lien against a new day?

It's funny how when 'positive' things are brought up alongside
the 'negative', it's perceived that the entire message is negative.
Be an adult, be willing to listen instead of reaching for a dull
sabre right away.

I guess all in all, its not too suprising given that the main theme
running through the election was fear. Some of the papers went so
far as to actually say that they were 'afraid' that a change in
leadership would stop progress. None seemed to pay attention to the
fact that the candidates were, for the most part, saying they just
wanted a denser granularity of oversight, not to try to do away with
the bad deals the city was stuck with. Alas, just as (more and more
it seems) with the posts up here, people take what they want and
diregard the rest. For some reason, I have always held that this
group was an oasis in the ostrich-laden sand that makes up the AP
politiscape.

Hmm, on second thought, maybe I';m the one who needs to take a step
back and reconsider my thoughts.

tony

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>