Tom,

I am writing to answer your question, "Is there any chance of requiring the
department heads to attend at least one if not both of the two meetings per
month?"

I actually asked this question about a year ago as a citizen and did not
feel that I got a legitimate response.  I will look into it again.  What I
know will be incredibly helpful for me is if you use the following process
to get matters addressed:

1. Send an email or letter to the City Manager outlining your concern.  In
this letter clearly state the problem and what you feel can and should be
done to address it.  Request that a written reply be sent to you noting the
receipt of the letter.  Please copy me on this communication.
2. Give the City Manager two weeks to begin addressing the problem, unless
of course it is of an emergency and immediate attention is needed.
3. If after two weeks the problem is not addressed, please send me a letter
letting me know this and I will follow up on the matter.

If in following this process it is determined that a department head should
address the public on the matter raised, we will schedule it.

I hope this is helpful.

Peace, JWK

Councilman Jim Keady
1 Municipal Plaza