At 2:21 PM -0400 7/17/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>I didn't quote you. I expressed my perception. Last time I looked there was
>still a 1st Amendment. You, too, can exercise that priviledge and clarify your
>position at the same time.
>~ Maureen

You're supposed to be the journalist representing people accurately. First
amendment rights not withstanding, you do a disservice to your profession and
your reputation for accuracy when you misrepresent or mischaracterize what
someone has said or how they said it.

You suggest I clarify my position, yet I've not expressed any position one way
or another on the issue you were originally responding to -- specifically
whether department heads should attend City Council meetings. Furthermore, in
my posting of the facts there is no way you can infer whether I'm upset,
clearly or otherwise. Just so we're on the same page here, I'll repost my
original post. Please explain how you get that I'm clearly upset -- your words
-- in the following message: