I don't understand any support for Jordan.

First, we hired him for over $100,000.00 to do a job that was
spelled out in his contract.  The Court ruled most of that job he is
not allowed to do by law.  I thought for sure he would be let go
then. Isn't anyone upset that he doesn't have to work at the job we
hired him to do anymore yet he still gets his $100,000?

Second, crime is up in Asbury Park under Lou Jordan.

Third, most Downtown businesses have been burglarized under Lou
Jordan, some several times.  He has made no changes to try to combat
that.

Fourth, some of his resume is an exaggeration.

Fifth, the police department is in a complete state of disarray
because of him.  The officers have given him a vote of "no
confidence." He has broken the chain of command there.  There are
lawsuits regarding his intentionally passing over white officers for
promotion, and several Black officers signed affidavits confirming
that the white officers are telling the truth. The police don't want
to work with him, and the morale there is at its worst in the
history of the department.

Sixth, his use of the resources we have is lacking.  Only one guy
per shift dusts for prints.  If he is busy, you don't get the
services.  On some Friday and Saturday nights, we have had as few as
2 officers on patrol - that's not enough.

Seventh, people have complained that they have called the Police
Department for service, only to be told, "Too busy - can't help you."

Eighth, you can't get paperwork under an OPRA request from Jordan's
department, which is a violation of the law.

Ninth, his stopping people based upon race in their cars and
harassing them was a terrible embarrassment to Asbury Park.

Tenth, some of his comments are simply made up.  Lou once stated
that he lived through segregated beaches in Asbury Park.  Unless
he's almost 80, he didn't.

Eleventh, when he was wearing the uniform, he completely
disrespected it by wearing 5 stars.  Only Newark's Chief can wear 5
stars.  When the Chiefs complained, Lou took off the stars and
donned Eagles on his lapel, elevating himself to a full-blown
Colonel, above the Chiefs.  This is disrespectful in a Para-military
organization.  He's an embarrassment.

Where exactly is the up side to keeping this guy?

The whole "police director" experiment should be ended here in
Asbury Park. It was an attempt by a previous City Counsel to
exercise control of the Department.  It failed.  Professional Police
should control the department. We should go back to having a Chief
like most other New Jersey towns.  Our last Chief, Gary Wheary, was
terrific. He won awards for bringing down Biegenwald.  That was a
cop.