--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> You know Joe, I often wonder how a number of different people around
> her think they could have handled redevelopment in AP if they were
> here say in 2000. I don't think they will ever get it.

Tom, if you don't know, ask. That's the maxim. Besides, although I
don't know for a fact, some here appear to have knowledge that there
was interest besides Asbury Partners. In any event, knowing you, you
would NOT make an excuse for bad lawyering. This deal was way above the
heads of most (no knock to locals). I don't want to rehash all that we
have fought over, but come on, things could have been done better
despite the conditions in 2001 (not 2000). Besides, the agreement has
and will continue to be amended. No community will flourish for
residential purposes without good schools. Period. The wisdom of having
the condos pay no school taxes is questionable at the least.