So whose back do we have to rub to get what we need/want? Why a quid pro quo
from the so-called "honest" Council, we now have? The Fix-its! Not you JK,
you're new and not jaded yet! I find the Coucil very disrespectful to some
citizens. Stopped coming for that reason! If the books were opened on them, I
wonder what back door deals have been made? Everybody will own Asbury Park,
except Asbury Park! Selling your infrastructure is a recipe for disaster! My
opinion

Sharon Boone

Please note: message attached

--- Begin Message --- --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tax abatements are a normal part of the quid pro quo in deals like
> this.
>
> Do you think anyone could have gotten a deal done without tax
> incentives?

It depends what else is in the deal. If you sell the assets for less
than they are worth perhaps you don't have to give the abatements.
Do you think people are buying up the waterfront condos because of
the abatements? I don't. I think a unit that sells for $500,000 is
scheduled to pay something around $7,000+ in PILOT payments. That's
with the abatements. A house selling for that amount pays perhaps a
little less (until revaluation kicks in). I know the secret of the
abatement at work here but I won't give it away. We got on this
subject because of the schools. All I am saying is that with nothing
of the PILOT going to the schools, the city better put something
aside from the PILOT for when state aid dries up. Off the subject,
it is not so much the abatements alone that bother me. It is
everything considered together. Despite how bad people say things
were in 2001, many cannot help to see the whole thing, if not as a
give away, then at best, not the wisest decisions. Although I don;t
really know your capabilities as a lawyer, I am going to assume you
are pretty good judging by your success. Would have signed such a
one-sided deal yourself? It's all spilled milk, right? We have to do
the best we can now, while being held hostage by Asbury Partners.
They will (have/are) not build anything. They're middlemen plain and
simple. Off topic, sorry.

--- End Message ---