A conversation in 2040:
"Grandpa, why is the NJ Music Hall of Fame on Exit 116 of the
Parkway?"

"Well, Exit 116 is only 16 miles away from the Parkway Exit to
Asbury Park, where Bruce Springsteen had his big break. And as a
matter of fact, there are plenty of things to do on Exit 116. Why,
you can visit the Vietnam Veteran Memorial, where your great grandpa
gave his life for a meaningless war in the '60s.

Lighty, don't give up the good fight. I'm actually involved with an
organization looking to relocate the College Football Hall of Fame
to New Brunswick from South Bend, IN. (Did you know, the first
college football game was held in New Brunswick, between Rutgers &
Princeton?) The State wants to put it on a Turnpike Rest Stop. The
committee has agreed that the CFHOF is better off starving in South
Bend than thriving on Exit 8A. But, then again, some people are more
concerned about how they can get ahead than what their grandkids
would want when their grandparents are worm food.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > As a matter of fact, I'm willing to bet the next time any of us
are
> > in Atlanta, (which is 70 miles away, according to the show) if we
> > ask 10 30-something locals on the streets where REM
> > was "discovered", at least 1 of them would be able to give us the
> > best way to get to that unnamed bar in Athens.
> >

> Actually the museum that we are looking at the closest for a model
for the
> New Jersey Music Hall of Fame is the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
That

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM