--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> The local and state officials completely failed in the pre-storm
> evacuations etc. The federal gov. failed post-storm. <:-(
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > WHERE DID THE MAYOR OF NEW ORLEANS & THE GOVERNOR GO WHEN THE
STORM
> HIT
> > ???????????
> > WHY OH WHY DID THEY NOT TAKE ALL THE PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT LEAVE
THE
> CITY  OUT
> > OF THE CITY EARLIER????????????
> >
> > Who do we blame I really don't know who is the blame but we need
> work
> > together to help everyone that needs help.
> >
> > Toni

Not living there now, the Governor is in Baton Rouge, the State
Capitol. I wouldn't expect her to be in New Orleans or any outlying
Parish during the height of the storm. Remember, the storm by-passed
New Orleans. It was the levee that burst, that inundated the City,
the
day AFTER the storm. The Mayor has a storm headquarters WITHIN the
city
but can't control a levee break, especially when the feds told him to
kiss their ass, when they refused 2 YEARS IN A ROW, for needed funds.
The Army Corp of Engineers, a Federal Flood Mamagement Team like the
Tennessee Valley Authority, is in charge of the levees, NOT the City!
It's a part of the Emergency Management. I haven't lived there in 35
years, yet you want ME to be the expert for you, but because I LISTEN
and I READ, you want ME to be EINSTEIN, when YOU PEOPLE who are
natives
of NEW JERSEY, don't even know your OWN laws and regulations! Spare
ME!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM