... The reference to
> Block 161 was in the land use section. Pretty confusing, but not
> surprising considering this city. In any event, I assume the
> Planning Board approved the 224 units assuming the structure
> stays up. If it doesn't and needs to come down, how can the
> Planning Board approve something that contradicts the underlying
> blueprint (plan) with amendation? The structure may be salvageable,
> as we all thought, but there are rumours that the developers
> are shopping for demo estimates. Also, the constrcution budget
> I saw showed $18 million for steel.
> Where's that going? I guess time will tell.

It helps to have been through all the hearings.

- 224 units is the max, it can be less. The two towers can be 10 and
16 floors max, they can be less.
- The reversion to the 'new' plan is in the event that the entire
building can not be rehabilitated.
- The approvals are within the envelope of the plan except that 12
foot extensions may be build on the north and south facades.
- The demolition is selective for the southeast section which
suffered from exposure more than the other sections.
- The budget is for the rehabilitation, repair and completion of the
superstructure

Hope that helps, Werner

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM