Okay, fine. $88 mm across the state. Are you saying this lawsuit is
so that the 11th District gets the whole $88 mm, and the rest of the
state can just pray Al Qaeda doesn't use Newark Airport again as a
launching pad? Since Cain & Abel feel towns like Manalapan are
getting "too much", I'm curious what they feel is the 11th
District's fair share for protecting the homeland? I really don't
feel like doing the calculations for every municipality in NJ, so
I'll just focus on the money denied to Asbury Park.

The Democrats posing as Republican candidates in the 11th District
argue Manalapan doesn't deserve such a large amount. I'd counter
that the municipalities in the 11th District are too incompetent to
put a Grant Proposal together.

The State's HS money was allocated according to specific grant
requests made by the municipalities. For example, Manalapan is using
their $187,337 to allow FEMA to create and train Community Emergency
Response Teams, or CERTS for short. Each CERT member is trained on
disaster preparedness, basic disaster medical operations, fire
safety, light search and rescue, and other essential topics. In the
event of an emergency, CERT members can provide immediate assistance
to victims, assist in organizing spontaneous volunteers at a
disaster site and provide critical support to first responders. In
light of recent news events, I'd argue every town should have a team
of CERTs ready to react when disaster strikes.

I'll make you a deal. Asbury Park applied for a grant through the
state's HS fund. What exactly was it for, and how would it have been
used to protect AP citizens from Al Qaeda? You prove to me that
Asbury Park's grant request was to address a legitimate HS issue &
denied, and on the day after Election Day I will gladly cut a check
DIRECTLY to the City of Asbury Park equal to my family's cut of the
$187,337 given to Manalapan. I don't want to hear about Wall
protecting their rich guy airport or NJNG using government subsidies
to pay for insurance on their headquarters. I want to know what
exactly Asbury Park applied for and was denied.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM