Dead wrong.  Pat Fasano brought back the downtown; and it is because
he built condos above the stores, not art galleries.

Check with Stuart K to see if art "started" Jersey City's comeback.
I seriously doubt it; construction of office buildings and condos
did the trick.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Lighty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 10/3/05 6:06 PM, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm not prepared to concede your premise, so I can't answer
until you
> > show me your proof that "virtually every town/city in America
used the
> > arts to be the first step in revitilization."
>
> How many towns / cities would you like me to list?  Or how about
just a few
> New Jersey / NYC ones?  Take a look at the revitalization of
Brooklyn,

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM