Regarding the Asbury Park Press article attached below, I posit the
following:

Jim Keady seems to be a nice fellow.  Unfortunately, he is in with a
bad crowd, and their influence on him is causing him to embarrass
Asbury Park, and thus do damage to the City.

What an insult that he would call for a Prosecutor to investigate
his fellow council members.  After the tremendous, successful hard
work they have done in uplifting Asbury Park (something the prior 8
administrations failed to do), which success attracted people like
Keady to move into Asbury Park in the first place, he insults them
with these obtuse, vague assertions of crime.

Yes Jim Keady, you are accusing them of committing a crime, because
crime is the only thing a prosecutor investigates.  How dare you.

I said in my column pre-election that Keady was coupled with a
certain New Yorker. I have been validated.  Anything that gentleman
writes on this message board later comes out of Keady's mouth in
public.

This clerical error regarding the March and June proposals to the
Redevelopment Plan has been explained repeatedly to Keady and his
New York umbilical cord, yet they still treat it like some Oliver
Stone/JFK conspiracy flick. It is a non-issue, the DEP will review
the amended application, and then Asbury Park will move forward
again.

All Keady and crew has accomplished is to hold up development of the
Esperanza site for a few short months.  He should stand before the
retailers in the Merchants Guild, the Chamber of Commerce and the
UEZ and apologize.  As a founding member of the first, a member of
the second and a Director of the third, I'm demanding today that he
do so.

This isn't some "Public Administration lab clinic" in college Keady
is involved with.  Asbury Park is real life, and those retailers
invested their life savings, knowing they may have to struggle until
the beachfront is developed. So what does Keady do?  Holds up
development.  Jim Keady can continue to preach Marxism in church if
that's his fancy (which he does), but when he damages Asbury's
capitalist retailers he will have to deal with those of us who work
so hard to support them.

Keady and those who are thinking for him haven't been in Asbury Park
long enough to know how fragile Asbury's reputation is with our
surrounding Monmouth/Ocean towns.  Any word of crime makes them want
to stay away from us, and that destroys our retailers.

There is simply no crime here, and to suggest otherwise reveals a
reckless disregard for the truth. It appears when the Deputy Mayor
inquired as to what crime he is alleging, Keady punted and referred
to "violation of public trust," which of course is not a crime, but
a generic label given to a number of underlying crimes.  Keady
cannot name the underlying crime about which he complains, because
there simply isn't one.

This is grandstanding.  If Keady did think there was a crime, I
assume he and his New York brain trust could muster the combined IQ
that would allow them not only to name the crime, but also to figure
out that a referral to a Prosecutor is best kept private.  One who
shouts it out beforehand is simply looking for attention and
pandering to special interests – special interests as in people who
want to see our redevelopment fail because now that Asbury Park has
been made a good investment, they wish to start over by bringing in
their own developers so they can make money.

I'm available to debate these issues with him or his surrogates in
person, on equal terms at any time and place they wish.

Here is the negative PR for Asbury Park they are responsible for:

Councilman seeks prosecutor's help
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 12/10/05
BY NANCY SHIELDS
COASTAL MONMOUTH BUREAU
ASBURY PARK — City Councilman Jim Keady says he does not trust his
fellow council members to tell the truth on what they intended the
height of a beachfront condominium building to be in 2002 and wants
the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office to help him review council
documents.

The four other council members want Hoboken-based Metro Homes to
begin building the approved 224-unit Esperanza on the site between
Third and Fourth avenues of the unfinished C-8 steel skeleton, that
former developer Joseph Carabetta walked away from in 1991.

Keady also says he wants to move forward. But a series of events
this fall appeared to open a door for Keady and others mistrustful
of the council to claim something is amiss.

In the past few months, Metro Homes said it would have to raze the
old C-8 structure and start from scratch for safety reasons. The
council also discovered that a leading beachfront planner, John
Clarke, had three years ago disseminated the wrong beach plan that
placed a limit on the height of the building.

"So what are you going to say to the county (prosecutor)?" Deputy
Mayor James Bruno asked Keady at a City Council meeting Wednesday
night?

"What are the implications of a violation of public trust?" Keady
answered.

Keady wants the developer to get a new approval to build the
condominium to the higher heights, instead of keeping to the eight-
story limit.

And Keady wants that leverage so that the developer will give the
city something in return.

Earlier, Bruno had told Keady that he "should have trust" in his
colleagues who were on the council three years ago when Keady was
not.

"That's why I ran against you," Keady said.

Councilman Ed Johnson told Keady that if he had information the
council did something wrong, he should go to the prosecutor. But
Johnson also warned that if Keady is causing an unnecessary delay in
getting the Esperanza built, that action also was a disservice to
the public.

"It's a double-edged sword," Johnson told him.

Council members have made it clear that most city residents,
including themselves, at one time or the other wanted to see the
skeleton frame come down because it had been a reminder for more
than a decade of the city's failure on the waterfront.

>From officials' comments in news reports at the time the plan was
adopted, the height of the C-8 block was not at issue because
builder K. Hovnanian planned to build about 600 homes in buildings
eight stories or less in the central ocean blocks.

The builder later pulled out. Asbury Partners, the overall
beachfront developer, found a new builder in Metro Homes, which
received its approvals to be part of the fast-track building now
under way by Westminster Communities and Paramount Homes.

"Nothing is changed," company president Dean Geibel said
Friday. "We're going to build the same type of building . . . .
We're going full steam ahead. We're just waiting for the process to
be completed now, hopefully sooner rather than later. We're just as
excited as we've ever been."

Metro Homes and the city are waiting for a go-ahead from state
environmental officials who, because of Clarke's mistake, had
received the wrong draft of the waterfront plan before giving their
permit approval in 2004.

The state asked the city to go through the steps to amend the
permit. City officials hope to have the issue resolved with the
state by year's end.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM