> Fishman said heat in the locker rooms is the least of the problems,
> but also said, "I think Asbury Partners is well aware that Convention
> Hall will never draw a profit … never … and we're prepared to invest
> because it's an anchor.''

This is simply ridiculous.  Does anyone really believe that Convention Hall
WILL NEVER DRAW A PROFIT?

Maybe if the place was renovated like other buildings (State Theatre in New
Brunswick, Count Basie in Red Bank) it would draw countless crowds to events
throughout the week.  Oh, I forgot, they only have events about once or
twice a month.  I wonder if he realizes that the lack of events probably
pays a major role in how well the venue does.

There are venues like Convention Hall throughout New Jersey which attract
some of the biggest names in entertainment.  If Asbury Partners knew
anything about running entertainment venues Convention Hall and the
Paramount could be running sold out shows endlessly.

It's statements like that which lead me to believe that Asbury Partners is
truly over the head and has duped the city.  When they believe that the
City's greatest assets are liabilities - how can people honestly believe
they should be running the redevelopment?