--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> i dont think its accurate to say that one of the reasons convention
hall will never make it, is beacsue of parking.  there are blocks and
blocks of parking, all the way up to main street.  that is how parking
was done back in the old days, when things filled up near the beach.
there could be a small bus/ trolly service used for large events, to
transport people from different points.  its a good idea.

>they are right it never made a profit, by itself, it was a drawing
card to get people to come and spend thier money in the stores gas
stations etc. mind you in con hall itself were at least 8 stores that
each paid the city 10s of thousands dollars a year in rents, the
parking meters took in another couple hundred thousand.  most conv.
centers in america lose money until you add in the outside revenues
like parking at the meadowlands at 10 dollars a pop. the fairly new
arena in Trenton less than 10 years old is booked and still loses
money,  there is not enough parking in this plan for convention hall to
make money you say let them park to main street what about my quality
of life being destroyed i live in this area and parking is tough enough
already, if they are reopening everything which they won't and can't
they should take another look at the street lay out and parking. Ocean
ave going from 3 lanes to two way traffic, how do you load in any shows
at Conv. haall? I doubt if there is enough parking for the beaches let
alone concerts. Don't tell me parking garages, like the fish is going
to waste his money building them when he laughs at providing heat in
conv. hall!!!