Title: Re: [AsburyPark] convetion hall
On 1/29/06 10:08 PM, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Convention Hall is a difficult building. The lighting, sound and the dressing rooms are all sub-standard in today's marketplace. It would take a very substantial investment of money to make the Hall an attractive concert venue for artists, I believe.

Jean,

You’re absolutely right.  However, a very substantial investment of money was created to help restore the State Theatre in New Brunswick and the Count Basie in Red Bank.  Both were theatres from around the same time as Convention Hall.  CH may be in a worse state than they were, but only because I’m sure the other venues tried a little harder at keeping things updated.

Artists always complain about the dressing rooms at Count Basie too, but that doesn’t seem to stop them from playing there.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS